This is my I-am-procrastinating-on-my-Thankful-Thursday-blog-because-I-am-having-too-much-fun-editing-Lindsay-and-Johnny’s-session-from-the-other-night edition(the husband informs me that that might be too many hyphens but I kind of like them). So,I thought Thankful Thursday for this week will come on “Thank God it’s Friday”. It has been one of ‘those’ weeks around my house. The hubby has been out of town for what feels like FOREVER. He is home now so I am regaining my sanity. Many sleepless nights has my patience running on the brink of insanity. So upon editing their pictures I thought it would be fun to showcase the process a little. 90 percent of my pictures are SOOC(straight out of the camera) shots with some minor color tweaking. The other 10 percent is when I just want that little extra ‘pizazz’.
If I take a bad picture then it is just that…a bad picture. Everybody takes bad pictures. It’s part of the job. You have to take bad pictures to know when/how you get a good picture. You appreciate the good much more when you have some bad up your sleeve. Â You can edit a bad picture to make it good, but it will never be a great picture. You could spend hours in photoshop editing pictures, but then, I believe, you would be more of a designer than a photographer. Anyway, photoshop can be fun, but it’s not my thing. However, I do like to use some specific actions that I have to tweak images a little bit. Here are some examples…
Here is the SOOC shot
This is tri-tone heaven. Not black and white, not color… just a little bit of everything.Â
This has some intensity added to it.Â
Lastly a black and white with an extra dose of warmth added.Â